Ironman AZ Bulleted Race-Report.
- Swim Start: My coach told me to start front and center but those people look serious. I’ll seed myself just behind the scary looking folk.
- Swim Out: Can’t find open water, this washing machine sucks.
- Swim Back: Never swam this far ever, that’s kinda cool.
- Swim Exit: Get me out of this damn water.
- Bike 1st Lap Out: Thank god I’m out of the water, legs/HR feel good, lots of energy, little headwind and hill, take it easy.
- Bike 1st Back: Yes. Tailwind and downhill. Avg. 28mph. Perfect. Manage the lows and enjoy the highs.
- Bike 2nd Lap Out: Keep the pace, you’ll get the tailwind on the return.
- Bike 2nd Back: Less of tailwind, that’s odd…everything hurts, only 40mils to go.
- Bike 3rd Lap Out: Maybe the wind died down, my avg. speed is up. Starting to hate life.
- Bike 3rd Back: Holy Headwind Batman. WTF happened to the tailwind home! I hate wind. Get me off this damn bike. Seriously hating life.
- Bike-to-run: Thank god i’m off the bike, can’t wait to run.
- Run 1st lap: 8min pace and I feel awesome. HR down, cruising through aid stations, sponge, water, gatorade, water, you’ll be done in no time.
- Run 2nd lap: Porta-potty break and now running 10min/mi. Forgot how long the marathon is. Hating life again.
- Run 3rd lap: Walking aid-stations and jogging (I believe it’s ‘yogging,’ it might be a soft ‘j’) in-between. 10:30pace. Just want to quit, it’s now dark.
- Last 3 miles: 137mi in the books, just finish. 5k left. just finish, please.
- Finish Chute: Probably one of the coolest athletic experiences ever. Just slow down and enjoy the party. 7am to 5:51pm. Started at dawn. Ended after dark. 10:51hrs.
Coach aptly called it a controlled meltdown on the run. I’ll take it. Longer race report coming. Feel free to unsubscribe.